Thursday, August 27, 2009

So many to post, so little time...

There has been so much going on this week that I haven't been able to share anything with you!
I"m sure you are all waiting with bated breath to see what exciting things we have been up to...
OK... well just humor me.

Lets start with Sat.
Some friends of mine heard about this crazy little thing my sister and I do called

"Tour De Goodwill"
( yes you have to say it in your frenchy voice, or it just sounds silly).

We started this little diddy when my sister opened my eyes to Goodwills in INDY. OH ME OH MY! My life changed forever. People in Indy have no idea what they are giving at Goodwill...but thats ok...their ignorance is my treasure! So there are rules to the "Tour De Goodwill"(say it Frenchie) Anywhoo, Heres the dealio, yo.

1. You have one hour in a GW, so set your goal of how many Goodwills we need to hit...(we've done 6, before totally being broke)
2. You have to have a spending budget in place..ours is usually set between $50-$75.
3.You must show each other what is being purchased so we can honestly say " you know, that would look better on me..you should give that to me. serious."
4. Bring a snack and bottled water...There aint no stopping for food until we are done
5.Leave nothing behind...
6.My personal favorite...LEAVE THE KIDS AND HUBBY AT HOME.



So heres some of the goods from that day...
(Going Clockwise)
The top LH picture is my straighter..my CHI straighter...my "$100.00+ straighter that I paid 2.99 for!"
The next one is me and friends Pam and Janet. These girls are in their 50's and they are just the BO-Diddly Bomb! I hope I dress and look as good as they do(they got carded at ABEES! seriously!? I didnt buy a drink, but the guys told me he would have never put me at 29* ; )
The next 2 are of GWill...those are just for effect.
The next picture is of the bed in a bad set (2 pillow cases, 2 shams, fitted sheet, sheet, comforter, and bed ruffles for $20!!!!! This is going into Cam's room.. We both love bright cherry colors! The polka dot set is Casi's. Same stuff in the bag. same price. Same awesome person who found the good deal!
The next pic is an old Polaroid. I love this camera. It just says Nostalgic. Next to it were the flash cubes people used to use on the 110 cameras...memba them??? bought both, paid $5.
The yellow purse..yeah, couldn't leave a GW without a purse...2.99
The last and most favorite picture is me and my bestie...my sister shelly. She met us with us and like usual took a normal day and turned into something special..love you Birdy!!!

Ok, so my next post, will be about my hometown of Frankfort...or like us natives call it...Frankfort...lol

5 comments:

kELLO! said...

cute pics :)
great finds!
and yes, i'm a good follower and obeyed the rules and said it in frenchy. bonus points.

Dani said...

wow! this post made me laugh (because of your frenchie voice)...and this sounds like so much fun! you might be onto something here!

Jamie Lynn said...

This is too cute! What a great idea! Your post made me laugh out loud! I just posted some toys on my blog that I found at the Goodwill too! The people in Ohio drop off nice things too! Love the pics and the bedding! Great colors- wish I lived closer I would have loved to have gone with you! :)
Jamie Harris
lovelongtime.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

I love good deals at Goodwill. We need to go sometime:-) Haha! Love the french accent!

Melissa J Cornell said...

Thanks friendly followers!
Ok so is it funny that this post makes me laugh? I really do crack myself up sometimes..hehe

Jamie and Dani--this is a fun girls outing! Im thinking of organizing one for a few of my friends. (keep it small, its more fun that way, and you have more trunk space for all your awesome purchases!)