Friday, July 2, 2010

Cabbage Crunch Salad: Tempt Us Tuesday...err...on Friday!

YEA YEA I know...I'm late, but those who know me, know that's no big surprise!

So Because I'm running late for a late lunch(shocker!), I'm going to do a quick recipe throw down...

This comes from my good friend, Sue Gray.  AWESOME COOK!


I'm not a fan of cabbage, but I could eat a whole bowl of this!  Great for the 4th of July Cookouts!
Photo credit: google free images

Cabbage Crunch Salad

2 Tbsp sesame seeds
½ cup slivered almonds
1 bag shredded cabbage (small)
2 green onions chopped
1 package Chicken Sesame flavored Top Raman Noodles
Bake sesame seeds and almonds at 350˚ until golden brown (watch closely).  This can be done ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

Combine cabbage, onion, noodles (raw and broken up), and almond/sesame mixture.  Just before serving mix in desired amount of dressing.

2 Tbsp sugar
½ cup salad  oil
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Both packets from the Raman Noodles
 Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar, shake to mix.


*I sometimes make a meal with this by adding more veggies and chopped chicken... Its also good in a pita! 

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

haha! i was laughing when i read this today. hey late is great!!!! where is the FFF? i was all ready with a few link ups:-)