Wednesday, June 24, 2009

When you can't sleep...blog.

Yep, another night that I cant get to sleep. So I will entertain you with "ramblings from a mad 1/4 black, 1/4 white, 1/4 Indian, and 1/4 "other" woman.
We have some excitement going on at the multi-racial Cornell home. We finally got together with the other half of Commonwealth and started practicing on some material. For those who were wondering what the heck Commonwealth is..well its our band. Yes, Really. I actually came back to this band after an unplanned break since NYears(our first gig..He he that still sounds so dorky in a unusually cool way). So we have been practicing and looking at doing some pretty good arrangements of songs. I love the song Be thou my Vision, and I love the way we used a sampling of that great hymn and turned it modern. We are looking for someone else, preferably a male who can play Guitar and Bass and can sing. I'm not crazy about singing by myself, so we are keeping our ears open.
The girls took Track Camp this summer and its usually the month of June. Tuesday was the track meet and the girls did really well. Cambria will definitely be my distance runner if she decides to keep at it. Casi is my sprint runner. She is like me, If its over faster, then that's the kind of run I wanna do. So the Camp is over and I feel I can start concentrating on me. Rob is home now and he is being such a great helper around the house and he does things that I can't even have imagined that needed to be done! Next week starts our transformation week.
Which means, we are going room by room and changing something. Our first stop...the office.
With Rob using it for his music room and I'm trying to work around his guitars and equipment...well, it makes for a stuffy office. Ill keep you updated and post pics of the finished room or the divorce papers when it comes down to 2 stubborn people to transform this room...lol just kidding, I just need to be the good submissive wife...right? he he...

The other happening is the possibility of me and Rob being a part of a ministry in Fowler, IN. Its called the Compass and super cool. It's a coffeehouse that has various artist come in and play about twice a month. We are waiting to get the ok for Rob and I to be the promoters and hosts to bands as they come play. This is my dream job! So Ill keep you posted on this too as it unfolds.

Hmm, what else...Oh..its summer(betcha knew that already), so its antique/knick knack/flea market store shopping time. I love going to stores downtown and finding cool treasures. I started collecting old cameras to use as display pieces. I remember my mom did this, and I love the look. My inspiration for hitting these stores started a couple of years ago when a friend of mine who is Uber-retro Cool showed me all of her treasures. I got my dining room table at one of the store because of her and I love it. Katie also makes these cool jewelry thing's out of old jewelry. It is very chic and its just different than anything mass produced right now.
I have an old broach that I found that she turned into a hair piece. I'm not usually one who likes hair stuff, but i have to admit, this was cute as heck! If I get brave, Ill get some pics of me and my hair jewelry( she calls it hair bling).
Well, Its going on 3AM, and I'm growing more and more tired.
My day will start out with a much needed stretch and bike ride(as long as it doesn't storm all day!) My nieces wedding is only a month a way. Time to tighten some things and get ready to play on the beaches at Sand Key. Until next post....

2 comments:

kELLO! said...

yay new yob! =)

Melissa J Cornell said...

Ministry+volunteer=no money...
It will be cool anyway...