Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stress+me= Grump


So I was pretty stressed yesterday about stuff. I'm normally a pretty encouraging, positive person, but when I get overwhelmed with details and some of which I cannot control, I turn into a royal...well you get the point. I know I serve a Savior who will take care of all the little details I seem to worry about, but I just want a plan. I want to know what is going to happen when the insurance runs out, or when CAT decides not to call him back, or do I get a full time job or do I wait.
I was at my grumpiest point yesterday and received a phone call from a good friend. She was letting me know that a mutual friend of ours is battling cancer again and this time it doesn't look good. At that very moment that I found that out, I walked out on my wet steps only to find myself quickly sliding to the bottom on to a puddle of mud. Perfect. But at that moment, it wasn't the excruciating pain on my backside I was feeling, but the pain of humbleness. I have everything I need, and yet I worry about whats ahead. And here I have a friend of mine who is suffering from cancer and her only worry is the fact that her kids may not have a mom soon.
I knew at that moment that God allowed me to fall and focus.
Fall and focus...that among all this pain and chaos and confusion and uncertainty, He will see us through it.

Well, my day is better, and so is my attitude. My rear on the other hand...not so much.

On another note...
We went to Chicago over the weekend so see my sis and her fiance. What a blast! Then went to the Dunes...Its not Cocoa Beach, but we chillaxed by the sound of the waves and the sand going through out feet...Ill take what I can get for now...Ill post some pictures soon...

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

It is so humbling when we think of all we have in life when there are so many others who have real problems...makes my "problems" seem so pathetic. Glad you are feeling more positive today. Can't wait to see pics of your weekend:-)

Melissa J Cornell said...

so true...we are still human, and though we may not be battling cancer or being homeless from a fire or the thousands of other things that could go wrong, Im thankful that He understands and cares when the little things get us down...