Monday, May 18, 2009

Walmart coupon issues...

A few days ago, I went to my local Wal-mart, with my coupons and comp. ad's in hand. When I went to the check-out, I was told that WM does not honor the BOGO free deals from their competitors or coupons. When I asked for the CS manager, she agreed and said that they could not honor the coupon or the ad.

WELL! That info is BOGUS!!!

I went to the WM site and got their coupon policy. I intend on carrying with me in my coupon book to plead my case next time...
Couponers may want to do the same, since some employees are not informed of their own policies!

Wal-Mart Coupon Policy

Wal-Mart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):

  • Manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
  • Free merchandise (or manufacturer's Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
  • Store coupons
  • Pharmacy (Advertising and Promotional) coupons
  • Internet coupons
  • Soft drink container caps

The following are guidelines and limits:

  • Wal-Mart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase.
  • Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Wal-Mart will not accept expired coupons.
  • Internet coupons should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon." There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and a scannable bar code.
  • Only one coupon per item is permitted.
  • Use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by Customer Service Manager.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I had read somewhere that they didn't honor bogo or % off...it had to be a specific price...but I never looked at their website.

Melissa J Cornell said...

this is straight off their website...unless its based by store, but WM isnt a franchise, right, so as a Corporation they need to stand by their own policy!

Jocelyn said...

they will honor bogo MANUFACTUERS coupons. were you trying to price match another stores coupons? they will price match other stores ads as long as it isn't % off.

Melissa J Cornell said...

nope, man. coupons...it all depends on who you get. went in last night, and had no problem. I haven't had any problem with the price match, as long as I brought the ad in.