Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mi Madre

I wanted to post a pic of my mom on Mother's day, but I couldn't find my favorite picture. I don't have very many pictures of my mom, because she never thought she was pretty enough for pictures. She was also the only one taking them. Anyway, Cambria was going through my old pics and found my favorite picture. I was thrilled! Good job Cam!
If I had known I was going to lose my mom so early in life, I would have made sure she was in more pictures. With that said, please make a conscience effort to get from behind the camera and get where the action is! I too, am guilty of always avoiding picture time, but I am trying to do better.
This is me and my mom when I was about 5 years old. I look kind of like I'm scared to death, but I love the calmness in my mom's face, like all was good at that moment because she was holding her little girl. If I remember right, we had just gotten back from shopping and my mom was sitting on the floor, resting. I just went up and plopped on her lap!!! Ahh the memories...If only they can translate into more photos.

4 comments:

The Smith's said...

Beautiful Mother, beautiful little girl! Cambria looks a lot like you did!! :)

Melissa J Cornell said...

Thanks! Ill post some pics sometime of my 2 sisters and my 2 at the same age..its amazing how much they look alike...

Daveana said...

What an awesome picture!

Melissa J Cornell said...

Thanks D...Miss you girlie!