Monday, August 9, 2010

Miscellany Musings Monday...by Missy

In trying to do more with my blog, I am linking up with Carissa at Lowercase Letters on her Miscellany Mondays Link Up.  Thanks Carissa..This helps us "clueless and less dedicated bloggers" some direction on things to do with their blogs!!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


FIXING: I am so excited some of the changes that are going on with my house.  My husband use to paint full time while he was going to school, and is a perfectionist when it comes to his walls...with that said, we have color in our once "Sterile-looking" home.  We are not finished yet, as we keep thinking of more changes..that include..New floors, moving W/D upstairs..yay..no more underwear and Bras hanging around when unexpected company show up! New Pantry...HUGE!!  New coffee nook...or water, or lemonade nook. Somewhere where I can drink and relax and look out my window to seee......

DEER!!
That I caught on my new 300mm lens.  LOVE IT!  I see these guys probably every day in my back yard, and My lens...Oh la la..I love her, but shes like my other kids...prime and kit.  They all have a special place in my heart.  They all stay in my new .....

RED BAG!!
Isnt she Purty??  Went to my good friends at Goodwill and they set me up with this sah-WEET bag...OK, not really, i just walked in and it was beckoning me from across the store.  OK that wasn't true either, but saying I just ran into it and almost missed the darn thing, doesn't sound as exciting as the other statements...so just roll with me here...
My GW friends also found me these tealight candle holders.
Susie Homemaker, I am not...but I would have to think these are just adorable!!
The tealish color on the leaves and stem may have to disappear, but who knows what color Ill go with!

 
This was a good day at Goodwill, and if there was a fan club, I would be charter member and President, because of this beauty!


I ♥ old antique suitcases, and have been searching for them high and low...but the problem...the price is way to High, and nobody wants to go low!!!!  Goodwill though,  came through for me.  For $2.99!!!  So the search is on for the suitcases...Don't worry little guys..Ill make room for you in my home!!

You wanna see something else Ive been collecting???
I also ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ Enamel Pins...the flower metal ones in particular...
 
 wanna see?
 










 I have 5 of them that I scored at an antique store near Greencastle, for $5 each!! The picture is not mine, I borrowed it at Flower Power Lots(thank you), but the yellow I have in Pink and the Green in Red.  These baby's run any where between $25-30. The more detail they have, the more their worth...Hot Dog!!

Wow! This is longer than I had intended, but I promise its coming to an end...

I went to see my Radio Rockstar Sister, Marci and her new Hubs last weekend and had such a great time..If you're in the Chicago area..Check her out on 103.9!!!!












...I got to hang out with my nephew Rowdy...













This is him fishing with his daddy...yes that is a life jacket..you know..safety first.

My kid lost her first tooth while we were there!  She made bank with the Tooth Fairy(she has aunts that like to spoil).















Played a rousing game of Chinese Checkers, and Euchre(which I rock at)...
and had an amazing meal by my brother in law...
sigh...I love my family.













I also wanted to share this sweet gift my sister made for my other sister and I(shes super crafty!).
They are record bowls...I KNOW...HOW COOL ARE THEY. sorry..it still has crumbs from my chex mix!


She is always making things for us and this is probably my favorite.

They are super easy to make.
I'm sure if you Google it, you can find directions on how to make it.

Props to Marci..I love it.




And lastly, July was the month for storms...
The last one we had was UGLY...
These pictures are without one single edit...Look at those clouds...YIKES!
I love a good storm.





















Blessings!
Missy

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Woah!! Those storm pictures are awesome! And I love the record bowl. Every time I see one I comment on how cool they are ;)

Daveana said...

Wow! I really loved this post and all the pictures! So many fun little things going on in your life!

Jocelyn said...

love all of this!!!! i have been looking for a vintage suitcase for storing all the barbie junk in! and i am thinking the record bowls would be a fun craft to do one day...whaddya say??? i heart storms...as long as they don't have me running to the basement:-)