Wednesday, May 5, 2010

White Flag Alert!


Posted cool idea from Bakerella.

Got adventurous and sent husband out to get chocolate and balloons.

Planned a fun filled day with my girls and used our craft into math assignment(us Homeschool moms like to multitask)

Started fun filled day by blowing up these insanely small water balloons(seriously, about busted a lung!)

About shot my youngest when she brought a "balloon blower upper" after my 12th balloon...

Finished blowing up 24 balloons.

Took a break to get some oxygen.

Melted chocolate.

Sprayed balloons with nonstick spray(yes i washed them first!)

Made our platforms for the balloons...so far so good

Started dipping balloons...again...so far so good.

Placed balloons on platter.

12 successfully dipped chocolate balloons...uhhh...

Pop, Pop.POP POP POP...

Yep, 12 busted up chocolate balloons that exploded chocalate on me, the girls, the walls, floors and chairs...

Took deep breath, and thought twice about saying or thinking what I wanted to say at that point.

Cleaning mess, scrubbing chairs, searches for the tried and true brownie mix....
Raising white flag...

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Ok, I am laughing with you not at you. What? You're not laughing??? Come on it had to be pretty funny! I so wish I had been there:-) I read that bakerella post and wondered how that really would turn out...glad you tested it for me.

Mrs. C said...

o m Gosh. seriously, im laughing now, but all I could think about is "dang you, Bakerella!!!"

Anonymous said...

Did you think of going outside to bust the balloons? Wish I could have been there.

Bethany Osborn said...

Do you have any idea why the popped early? I so want to try this...but I'd like to figure out what you did wrong first :)...I'm sure the girls had fun...and learned something.

Mrs. C said...

We did get 2 out of the bunch, but i decided not to spray nonstick on the balloons. It maybe a crazy notion, but i think it was the non stick spray that ate at the balloons...I talked it over with some "science" nerds that I know, and they only thing that could have done it was the spray according to them. The chocolate wasn't hot, and we didn't blow the balloons to capacity...
Go ahead and try it...let me hear the adventures you have with it..lol